Programme of the 2017 meeting of SRA-E Benelux available
The second annual meeting of SRA-E - Benelux will be held on 20 March 2017, at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment - RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
This year's focal theme will be: From Vaccine to Anti-microbial resistance: exploring risk-risk trade-offs.
Vaccination and antimicrobial resistance offer typical risk-risk dilemma where individual decisions about the safety and usefulness of products must be balanced against the public health goal of risk reduction. The monitoring as well as risk acceptance and communication of vaccines and antibiotic drugs have become increasingly challenging in a context characterised by public controversies and intensive media coverage. How can risk analysis help to inform and improve such risk-risk trade-offs?
The programme consists of a key note, a plenary session, 5 parallel sessions and a round table. The programme can be downloaded HERE.
- RIVM: Welcome and key issues.
- Prof. Michael Siegrist, ETH Zürich. SRA Europe welcome.
- Dr. Agnes Kant, Director, LAREB. Drug and Vaccine Safety: Lareb's experience
- Dr. Mariken van der Lubben CiB, RIVM. The control of antimicrobial resistance in the Netherlands
- Prof. Daniëlle Timmermans, Chief Science Officer Risk Communication, RIVM. Trust & affect and the implications for vaccination behavior
- Prof. Ragnar Löfstedt, panel chair: the trade-offs of Transparency.
The meeting is free of charge. To gain access to the RIVM facilities, you need to bring your PASSPORT or ID.
Last modified: 10 March 2017.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask: firstname.lastname@example.org