Call for abstracts: 2017 meeting of the SRA-E Benelux Chapter
The second annual meeting of SRA-E - Benelux will be held on 20 March 2017, at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment - RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
This year's focal theme will be: From Vaccine to Anti-microbial resistance: exploring risk-risk trade-offs
Vaccination and antimicrobial resistance offer typical risk-risk dilemma where individual decisions about the safety and usefulness of products must be balanced against the public health goal of risk reduction. The monitoring as well as risk acceptance and communication of vaccines and antibiotic drugs have become increasingly challenging in a context characterised by public controversies and intensive media coverage. How can risk analysis help to inform and improve such risk-risk trade-offs?
- RIVM:Welcome and key issues.
- Prof. Michael Siegrist, ETH Zürich. SRA Europe welcome.
- Dr. Agnes Kant, Director, LAREB. Drug and Vaccine Safety: Lareb's experience
- Prof. Barbara Rath, Vienna Vaccine Safety Initiative. Antimicrobial resistance: a science-based perspective
- Prof. Ragnar Löfstedt, panel chair: the trade-offs of Transparency.
The meeting is free of charge. Abstracts for individual presentations and symposia are welcome and are not restricted to this year's focal theme. Parallel sessions may be organised if the number of abstracts allow for this. Please send your abstract before 15 February 2017 to: email@example.com
Last modified: 3 December 2016.