- keep you in touch with the latest research and practice, nationally and internationally; help you to become familiar with national and international policies on risk analysis;
- enable you to network and exchange ideas with professionals working on all aspects of risk.
Members of Government departments at all levels, small and large industries, academic institutions, public and private interest groups, and consultants will benefit from membership of SRA-E.
An expanding range of professional skills is being applied to risk analysis, with contributions from:
- policy analysts
- policy makers and risk regulators
- safety officers
- natural and physical scientists
- legal experts
- social scientists
- medical experts and toxicologists
- environmental scientists
- decision analysts
- computer scientists
Membership of SRA-Europe carries automatic membership of the international Society for Risk Analysis, founded in 1981, with over 2000 members world wide. SRA-E is an international Section of SRA. Its Executive Committee has eight members, each elected for five years. Within SRA-E, national and regional Chapters or other specialty groups can be set up in response to the needs of members. All members receive the journal Risk Analysis and also the opportunity to subscribe at a reduced rate to the Journal of Risk Research the official journal of SRA-E and SRA-Japan. Members will also receive news of events and conferences world wide.
Membership is normally on an individual basis. Collective membership is also available for US$ 105 for groups of 25 individuals in European countries at an economic disadvantage.